Elders deserve to spend their golden years with dignity and care, but unfortunately, nursing home neglect can cast a dark and distressing cloud over the industry. At Kortum Law Office, P.L.L.C., we are staunch advocates for those who may not be able to advocate for themselves.
As dedicated Montana nursing home neglect lawyers, we are here to fight for nursing home residents to receive the respect and proper care they deserve. Call us today to set up a free consultation to learn more about your options.
Understanding Nursing Home Neglect in Montana
Nursing home neglect is an issue that is overlooked all too often and occurs when the basic needs of nursing home residents are not met. Whether it is inadequate attention to daily necessities, isolation, or the lack of prompt medical care, nursing home neglect can take many forms, all of which are unacceptable and have legal consequences.
Types of Nursing Home Neglect
Neglect in a nursing home setting is multifaceted, encompassing various aspects of care—or the lack thereof. Nursing Home neglect can generally be broken down into the following types:
- Physical Neglect: Failure to provide basic needs like food, water, or a clean and safe living environment.
- Emotional Neglect: Ignoring the emotional well-being of residents, leading to feelings of distress, abandonment, or depression.
- Neglect of Basic Needs: Overlooking the everyday necessities that ensure comfort and health.
- Medical Neglect: Withholding necessary medical treatment, medication, or preventative measures leading to the deterioration of a resident’s health.
Warning Signs of Nursing Home Neglect
Recognizing the signs of neglect is the first step in protecting our loved ones. It requires a keen eye for changes in their physical health or behavior and an understanding that any decline might be more than just the natural progression of age.
Being vigilant about the care of your loved one means being aware of the following warning signs of nursing home neglect:
- Physical Indicators: Unexplained injuries, frequent infections, or signs of poor hygiene.
- Behavioral Changes: Sudden withdrawal, anxiety, or fearfulness around certain staff members.
- Environmental Red Flags: Unsafe living conditions, such as poor lighting, slippery floors, or unclean facilities.
Your Legal Rights and Nursing Home Neglect
The law is clear: residents of nursing homes have the right to be free from abuse and neglect. Kortum Law Office, P.L.L.C., fervently champions the rights of nursing home residents in Montana. We guide residents and their families through the complexities of Montana elder law, helping them to understand the protections in place for nursing home residents. When these rights are infringed upon, our Montana nursing home neglect lawyers are here to restore justice and compensation for the harm endured.
Why Choose Kortum Law Office, P.L.L.C?
Hiring Kortum Law Office, P.L.L.C., means choosing a fierce ally in the battle against nursing home neglect. Our team brings a wealth of experience and a history of success in holding negligent care facilities accountable. We understand the local landscape of elder care and employ an approach that blends compassion with legal understanding. Our goal is to shine a light on neglect and fight for the respect and care that every nursing home resident deserves.
How We Can Help
At Kortum Law Office, P.L.L.C., we do not just sympathize; we act. When you suspect that a loved one is experiencing neglect in a nursing home in Montana, we move swiftly and surely:
- Investigation: Our first step is to meticulously investigate the claim, gathering evidence from medical records, staff interviews, and facility practices.
- Legal Strategies: We employ tailored legal strategies to confront neglect, whether through negotiation or litigation, always aiming to achieve the best outcome for your family.
Every case is personal, and every client receives our full commitment and access to our resources. Our Montana nursing home neglect lawyers are relentless in pursuing truth and justice, navigating through the legal system to hold the responsible parties accountable.
Call Kortum Law Office, P.L.L.C., for Help with Protecting Your Loved One
If you suspect nursing home neglect, do not wait. The well-being of your loved one may depend on timely action. Remember, nursing home neglect is not only a breach of trust but also a violation of the law. Contact a Montana nursing home neglect attorney today.
Contact Kortum Law Office, P.L.L.C., today to schedule a consultation. Let us be your advocate and ally in ensuring the safety and dignity of those you hold dear.